By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to Scott-Pollock Limited (Trading as “Alice & Peg”, herein referred to as “Alice & Peg”) using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional user experience. A machine readable version of this policy (without tables) is available here.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. Where cookie technology is not available, an anonymous identifier may be used instead. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters used for the same purposes as a cookie. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies allow sites like Alice & Peg to deliver you a user personalised experience. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
Cookies duration can be defined as either session based or as persistent.
- Session (or Transient) Cookies are stored in your computer's memory for the length of your browsing session. They become inaccessible after the session has been inactive for a time and are automatically deleted from your computer when the browser is closed. They allow you to move from page to page without having to log-in repeatedly.
- Persistent (or Permanent) cookies are stored in your computer memory and are not deleted when the browser is closed. They are used to keep your preferences for the website, so they will be remembered for next time you visit the website. They are also used to collect information about the numbers of visitors, the average time spent on a particular page and analyse shopping behaviour on the website. This information is used to find out how well our website works and where it can be improved.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use the shopping basket or make use of the payment services.
- Functional cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, such as not asking you for a second time if you’d like to sign up to our newsletter.
- Targeting/advertising cookies. These cookies (including the use of “pixels”) record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, the advertising displayed on it, and any external marketing we perform more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties (see list below) for this purpose.
The list below details the cookies used on aliceandpeg.com. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose. If the party reads something other than ‘Alice & Peg’, these are our third party business partners who help us to enhance your browsing experience.
SHARING WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer. Find out more about these here:
If cookies aren't enabled on your computer, it will mean that your user experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won't be able to add products to your basket or buy them. To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
If you have any questions on this policy, please Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org